FIND OUT IN FIVE MINUTES IF YOU QUALIFY TO BE A surrogateTAKE THE QUIZ
Why Surros Love Working With Us!
Qualified applicants in our program can expect to be matched with an agency and moving forward with their surrogacy journey within just a few weeks! We work with reputable agencies that have lots of parents waiting to find someone just like YOU! Plus, if you decide the agency we refer you to isn’t the perfect match, just let us know! We will gladly introduce you to another agency, no questions asked. Your comfort is our priority!
All surrogates who work with us can have peace of mind knowing they will be compensated in a fair and generous way. Let us be your advocate and sounding board! We have even pre-negotiated that you will receive a $1,000 BONUS when you match with intended parents!
We have tremendous respect for the selfless women who become surrogates and believe they deserve support and mentorship throughout the entire process. Once we help you find and match with a great agency, we stay involved through our exclusive one-on-one “Pineapple Tribe” mentorship program. You will be matched with another more experienced “sister” surrogate to lean on and ask questions as needed throughout your journey.
Let's make sure your state is surro-friendly.
Though things could change, (and we sure hope they do) right now, not every state in the U.S. has surrogacy friendly laws in place. So make sure yours is on board. And if not, keep us in mind if life ever leads you somewhere new!
Disclaimer Regarding Map*.
This website does not act as a substitute for legal advice or legal counsel. The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only. Always consult an attorney before undertaking a surrogacy journey. Information contained herein may or may not reflect the most current up to date legal developments; accordingly, information on this website is not promised or guaranteed to be correct, accurate, or complete at any given time, and results referenced should not be considered an indication of future or past results. Make Families expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this website.
SIGN ON WITH MAKE FAMILIES
Let Make Families work on your behalf (at no cost to you!) to find you the best possible surrogacy agency: one that will give you the support you need while following important guidelines to ensure you have the safest, most positive surrogacy journey possible. First you apply here. Our team will be in touch to get to know you better and discuss further. Then we’ll find the perfect agency for YOU.
Once we match you with your agency, they will guide you through an application process including gathering your medical records, completing paperwork, ordering background checks for you and your spouse or partner, and creating your surrogate profile. When everything has been completed, you’ll be ready to match with your intended parents! (This is a really exciting part of the process!)
SCREENING AND LEGAL
After you’ve matched with your intended parents, you’ll complete psychological and medical screening. An attorney who specializes in surrogacy law reviews the contract between you and your intended parents. All legal fees are completely covered by the Intended Parent — no cost to you. Once this contract is signed, you’ll be ready to prepare for the embryo transfer! AND you’ll receive the $1,000 Match Bonus that we’ve negotiated for you.
The fertility doctor will prescribe a series of medications to prepare your body for the embryo transfer. The protocol varies but typically after a few weeks of medication and careful monitoring, you will be ready for this quick outpatient procedure where an embryo is gently inserted into your uterus using a small catheter and guided by ultrasound. 10 or so days later, you’ll return to the doctor for a blood test to hopefully learn that the transfer was a success!
After receiving the positive news everyone has been hoping for, you’ll continue to see the fertility doctor for monitoring until you are released to an OB near you at around 10 - 12 weeks of the pregnancy. Delivery will take place at a local hospital near you. You and your intended parents will excitedly count down the days before they can finally hold their little miracle they have waited so very long to meet!
No, we are not an agency. We are a free advocacy group for surrogates. We’ll make sure to connect you with the right agency, one that’s the right fit for YOU.
No, agencies in our vetted network pay a fee for us to send them qualified surrogate candidates. The fee is the same for every agency we invite into our network.
Not really. Most agencies in our network work with surrogates and intended parents from all over the United States. The location of the intended parents you work with and the location of their fertility doctor are more relevant than the location of the agency. The agency we match you with will discuss all potential parent matches with you, including their location, so that you can decide if a match feels like the right fit.
Once we introduce you to your agency, they will walk you through the remainder of their application process until you are approved. The agencies we work with typically have long wait lists of intended parents looking for surrogates so they are able to match surrogates extremely fast, sometimes within just a few weeks.
Absolutely! We only work with agencies that take great care in making sure that each match is an appropriate fit and that both the surrogate and the intended parents feel 100% comfortable before moving forward with the match.
Definitely not if you work with an agency in our network. We only work with agencies who facilitate gestational surrogacy arrangements, meaning the surrogate’s eggs are not used in the process. Intended parents will create embryos with their egg and sperm or with the help of an egg or sperm donor and the embryo is then transferred to the surrogate’s uterus.
Great question! We’ll give you 5 reasons!
1. Experience: Through our 20+ years of experience working in the surrogacy field, we’ve learned that not all surrogacy agencies are created equal. The stories we heard from surrogates after being matched with unethical, negligent, or unprofessional agencies haunted us. We wanted to create a program that would help as many surrogates as possible find the very best agencies. And in doing so, we’re also helping the awesome agencies find great surrogates! We vet every agency we bring into our network so you can be confident that you’ll go on to work with an agency that will provide the proper care throughout your surrogacy journey.
2. Convenience: Every agency has different qualifications for surrogates. Many surrogates fill out lengthy applications to multiple surrogacy agencies to only be accepted into one. By applying once with us, you are essentially applying to every agency within our vetted network because we know where you’ll be accepted and which agencies will be the best match for you.
3. Mentorship: Once we have matched you with a fabulous agency within our vetted network, our ties don’t end there. All surrogates who apply through us will be matched through our exclusive one-on-one “Pineapple Tribe” mentorship program. We will connect you with an experienced “Big Sister” surrogate who will act as a source of knowledge and support to you throughout your entire journey.
4. Match Bonus: In addition to the generous compensation packages surrogates receive (download a sample of our benefits package below!) every surrogate we work with will automatically receive a $1,000 match bonus from their agency once they are matched with their intended parents! This is something we have pre-negotiated on your behalf.
5. It’s Free! All of this is completely free. No strings, no catches.
How Much Do Surrogates
The gift you give parents-to-be is PRICELESS. But the compensation for your time and commitment is actually really wonderful! Let us send you our sample surrogacy compensation and benefits package so you can learn about all the perks and benefits of becoming a surrogate.